Student Code of Ethics
HIHTS STUDENT’S CODE OF ETHICS
1. Respect the rights and dignity of all individuals.
2. Treat one another with respect regardless of gender, race or creed.
3. Comply with all laws, regulations, and standard governing the practice
of health information management.
4. Protect the confidentiality and security of health records and health
5. Truthfully and accurately represent professional training, education, and
6. Adhere to the mission, vision and values of the Institute.
7. Strive for professional excellence through self-assessment and
8. Share accurate and timely information with other students to ensure
9. Practice confidential and ethical health information management system
utilization. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
10. Avoid conflicts of interest in the performance of professional
11. Learn and practice Excellence with effective professional Leadership,
exceptional, and ethical care, with the highest standard of professional